About Swinburne figshare

Swinburne figshare is Swinburne's institutional repository, a collection of Swinburne research and scholarly works for public discovery and access.

How to deposit / publish to Swinburne figshare

• Share your work publicly by depositing your work via Swinburne Elements.

•   ⭢  

• After claiming or adding a new output in Elements, link any grants, then follow Deposit prompts to upload your file.

• For self-archiving published works, upload your Accepted manuscript (final Word or LaTeX draft you sent to the publisher after peer review but without the publisher's formatting and logo).

• For unique works, attach the file and indicate if you would like reserve a DOI.
    • NB: For files larger than 2GB or multiple files, contact the repository team for assistance.

• Select a licence for re-use of your work.

What happens after contributing?

Why are the download statistics so high?

What kinds of works can be hosted?

Swinburne encourages researchers to share their work openly, and Swinburne figshare supports a broad range of types for deposit:

Self-archived versions of published works

Unique or non-traditionally published works (NTROs) not published elsewhere

FAQ

Help! Something is broken

Please report through any problems that occur during the Deposit process, or other systems issues with figshare: figshare@swin.edu.au

What is repository open access?

Every university in Australia has an institutional repository: a managed, Copyright-compliant open access (OA) collection that preserves and promotes public access to affiliated research and scholarly works.

Learn more about Open Access (OA) here.

Institutional repositories support self-archiving or Green OA. The self-archiving model allows researchers to make manuscript versions of their published works available for open access, in compliance with funder OA policies and publisher-held Copyright.

Institutional repositories are also publishing platforms for unique works not published elsewhere, preserving and hosting non-traditionally published research objects for open access, with a citable DOI and access to usage metrics.

An institutional repository is also an integrated part of internal university research management and reporting systems, and feeds data through to researcher’s public profiles.

Here at Swinburne, the institutional repository is Swinburne figshare.

How do I replace a file?

Contact the repository team, attaching your new file and indicating a replacement is required.

How do I edit my work?

Contact the repository team.

Can I get a DOI for my work?

Yes. All works in Swinburne figshare get a repository DOI.

To request a DOI in advance of publication, enter a comment while depositing from Elements.

I am a Swinburne researcher, why should I put my works into the institutional repository?

Researchers benefit from openly publishing/sharing their work in Swinburne figshare in multiple ways, including:

How to I access usage metrics for my works?

Usage metrics (views, downloads, and citations) are displayed in the public record for each item in Swinburne figshare.

How do I search and access research in Swinburne figshare?*

Works are integrated with Swinburne Elements and Find an Expert, and selected types are also indexed by *search engines and other indexers.

Are there restrictions on how I can use works in the repository?

Please pay careful attention to the Licence, and/or Copyright statement, displayed for each work in Swinburne figshare.